Sunday, February 25, 2007

What should I be doing right now: studying

What should I NOT be doing right now: blogging

But I am anyway. Because life can wait. I think I've finally gotten tired of being in a hurry All the Time. But the way I feel doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly slow down at life. I haven't figured out How to do That yet.

Marshall asked me to truly consider doing GUPY (Greensboro Urban Project, Y'all) this summer. But the truth is, I know there's no way we can afford that. David asked why I didn't just take a leap of faith and trust that God would provide... I want to trust very badly that, if this is where God wants me, that I would be able to make that sort of commitment without knowing where the money would come from, but it's still A LOT of money. It's a lot of money I don't have and a lot of money, in general. I've actually been thinking about GUPY a lot, and for Marshall to approach me tonight made me really wonder just what it is I'm supposed to do this summer...

I go back to that Urbana quote about taking risks:
"We think we're hearing God say 'no' but really, He's saying 'Just go ahead and take the leap of faith, you'll be amazed at the ways in which I come through.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsay,

It's okay. I've wrestled with summers for a while. It's an excellent opportunity to serve God and yet for many of us, it's the time that we have to make money so we can go to school the next year. I want to do STIM/ GUPY as well. I get frustrated when people tell me that I don't have enough faith. God also calls us to be responsible with our money. I'm not saying that God hasn't called you to this. I'm just saying it's okay if you can't do it. A lot of times, people make it seem like it isn't. I don't wanna discourage you from serving, I just want you to know that it's okay for you to talk to God and figure out what he really wants for you. He has placed you in college and you have to be able to pay for that, but at the same time God has given you a heart for Greensboro and the Spanish speaking world (which is a call I understand all too well (:) I will be praying for you as you think things through! I love you.