Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So about my story...

One of the things that I've been sort of praying about, as late as today even, and for at least the past few weeks, is that I would be shown how/where to tell my story. 

Well, today one of the elders from our church called my cell phone and said that someone had recommended that I share my story on Sunday at church. He asked if I would be willing to. What could I do, honestly, other than say yes? I didn't think I could have been more sure of what God wanted me to do in that situation. 

I got off the phone, and started realizing the magnitude of what I had just agreed to do. I had agreed to be "messy" in front of a church body, twice (at both services). I had been willing to show my scars to a group of people that I don't know all that well, but that I'd like to know better. I had chosen to be vulnerable in front of people I babysit for, people I serve alongside, etc. What was I thinking? I'm not even sure I can fully articulate on paper or in my heart what God has done in my life, much less make it coherent for three hundred people. 

I turned the ignition in my car, all the while chastising myself for not just declining. And this (no joke) is what I heard when the radio came on: ...It's knowing You and what You've done in me. 

Okay, God. I get it. Thanks for hammering the message home. 


1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for Lindsay. Thank you for what you are doing in her life and for the place you have her now. Thank you that you've opened up her heart to share as big of a challenge as that will be. I pray that you will allow her to be vulnerable and to be real.I pray that you will let your light shine through the broken places in her life. Make her brave. Show her how beautiful and precious she is. Show her how you are crafting her story, as messy and human as it may be, to being glory to you. We don't understand what you're doing but we can talk about it anyways because we know that you're working. Show Lindsay how much you love her today in a way that Lindsay will feel your presence.