Thursday, March 11, 2004

Well, let's see. I have not posted anything substantial in quite some time. I have been running around, insanely busy, with my cheer/tumble/dance class, school projects and tests, and a whole lot of other stuff. Craziness only perpetuates craziness with me. The busier I am, the more hyper I get, and thus the more frustrated I am apt to become. Oh well.

On to the dance class. I feel guilty saying I like it because my committment was to A'La Dance Magic, but I truly enjoy it. We are doing a combination of hip-hop, jazz and cheer moves, which we will compete three times. Once in Washington DC, and twice in local NC. I am excited about actually getting the opportunity to perform!!! **BIG BIG smile**

Job-- well, I have applied at five places, and am working on more applications as we speak. Some places I can't really see myself working, but a job doesn't have to be something you completely enjoy, especially if it is a part-time job. I have applied at Subway (my 2nd choice), Kidworks, Little Gym (my first choice), Morrisville Parks and Rec (yeah, I know...my mom's idea), and at Brother's Cleaners.

School-- School is crazy busy as always, and it seems the work never ever ends. We had a Kyoto Treaty Conference in APES, where I was the United States Rep. Well, the U.S. dropped out in real life and all the other countries are really ticked about it, so they were like throwing insults out about how the U.S. is selfish, and such..... It was quite humorous actually. Chemistry is always lots of fun, but I have decided something: Mr. Grunden is really, really really smart---- not in a bad way, but he just has all this knowledge about, well, everything. Lol. Spanish is probably one of my favorite classes right now, even if I am the only sophomore in my class.....I am writing two articles for the school paper for the April Fool's issue. One is "Survivor At RCHS" in which we make up a story about the teachers being on Survivor. We haven't decided who will win yet. The other article is a "Teacher Cookoff" We are going to invite all staff to cook/prepare either a dessert or an entre, and then students pay to sample the food. There will be prizes for best, worst, ugliest, oddest, etc dish. The students can also enter a raffle. It should be fun. So far, Dr. Humble, Mr. Grant, Mr. Grunden, Ms. Greenwalt, Ms. Talley, Ms. Scicinska, Mr. Slattery, Coach Jones, Mr. Stapleton, and Dr. Busonik have agreed to cook something, but I can't tell you who's cooking what!!!!! ;) So bug your teachers to enter, and come on down, and taste the food!!!! (All profits go to The Flame, the school newspaper)

In other news---- the school, our school, MY school was vandalized by two RCHS students. I cannot fully understand what pushed them to do so, but maybe it is not for me to understand. I am angry and also hurt, mostly because I didn't think something to this extent happened at RCHS. Enloe, maybe. RCHS, no.

It's time for school now. I will post more later. Today is the National Spanish Exam. Very nervous.... In order to get extra credit, you have to score above your class average. I don't think I can do that.... it's easy for people who understand the material and just don't turn in their homework and thus have a C or D, but Mr. Slattery was like "For those of you who have an A, it'll be much harder to get credit." Gee, sounds like a fun day to me.

Babysitting this weekend... 8am-1am. (I wonder why people want babysitters for soooo long!)

No comments: