Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Well, I'm blogging again. It's sporadic, I know. I apologize to any of you who happen to still read this (which I would guess is about 1)

Anywayz,
I leave for Chile in 1 week! Wow I am soooo excited. IM me your address if you would like a postcard! :)

Ms. Greenwalt is leaving, but we're making her a scrapbook of pictures and such of the teachers, school, classrooms, students, clubs, etc. I'm excited about that b/c I love to scrapbook. But shush! It's a secret! No telling her!

SLA went wonderfully, and I had breakfast with Maggie, Alyson and Rachel before hand. We went to IHOP where I had their french toast (excuse me Freedom Toast. lol) It was really yummy.

I signed up for classes for next year, and I feel like a slacker, only taking three AP classes, plus one advanced one that I'll take for AP credit:
1. Adv. Statistics
2. AP European History
3. Constitutional Issues (it's advanced level and a brand-new, debate style class--- my kinda thing!)
4. Adv. Psychology (but I'm taking it for AP credit)
5. AP English 4
6. AP Spanish

On Flex day, I took an Advanced-Level Spanish Convesation Class at NCSU. It was a 6th semester class-- (junior year???)-- and it was way easy, so I'm hoping that's what Spanish will be like for me in college!

I've embarked on the infamous college search, which right now consists of three main colleges
-Meredith College
- UVA
- UNC-CH
though I am sure I will look at others before I start applying. I've heard only good things about each of these, so that makes me feel a little better.

I have also begun the tiring search for a prom dress. It's impossible. Bleh. Not that I have a date, or ticket, or plans for prom night yet, but never to early to start shopping, considering I'm probably the only girl on the face of the planet who HATES shopping.

In our "bible study"/ Raleigh Charter Christian Fellowship today, we had a guest speaker who spoke about the Second Coming of Christ. He made it sound like it could be tomorrow. It was exciting but also really kind of scary. I mean, I have that feeling of "just a little more time...let me finish up here." I thought that would be normal, or whatever, but everyone who was there thought I was weird for thinking that. I mean, I know Jesus says that he who loves his life will lose it, but it's the unknowing of how much more time I will have to do things, witness, goof off, and do other things that I always figured I would do first. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to go to Heaven and see how awesome it is, butI have A LOT of friends and family who would be left behind if the Rapture occurred tomorrow. I guess I really don't want them to go through the seven years of turmoil and horrible things that happen if you don't get taken the first time, before Christ sets up the eternal reign on Earth. Anyway, that's just my little thought for the day. I never gave it much thought in terms of it happening in my lifetime, much less my childhood. Like, I knew it was going to happen because that's what the prophecy says. But I never figured, oh, well I guess all the stuff that's supposed to lead up to it has already happened (which I'm not sure it has... that's unclear to me), so it must be about to happen.
But I think that's part of the idea-- if we all knew when Jesus would return, we would do everything to prepare, which isn't really the point. We should be ready regardless of when it happens, and desire to further God's purpose while we are still here.

No comments: