Sunday, October 02, 2005

I know I haven't updated in forever, but school has kept me busy, busy, busy. There's not much new to report:
-I've finally come out of my country/clay aiken only shell, and started listening to other genres. Five Iron Frenzy, Seven Day Jesus, Squad 5-0, AC/DC, ColdPlay, and Caedman's Call are some of my new favorites
-I'm going to Costa Rica over Spring Break
-I mail my first college application in tomorrow-- (no, it's not early decision, but rather "rolling admission.")
-I went to the Silver Ring Thing tonight, and that was pretty fun.
-The first dance of the year went pretty well. We didn't make all that much money, so our senior gift to the school...well, let's just say hopefully we'll make more money by gift-giving time.
-The Fall Retreat at church is this coming weekend! I'm so excited.
-I made a final decision not to take the SAT a second time. I was pleasantly pleased by my first score, and the added stress (even though I've worked through a 900 page workbook) of taking it again isn't something I need to deal with right now.
-I really love all my classes this year. I miss some of my former classes, and some of my old teachers and other staff from RCHS, but this year is certainly going to be a good one (except for some of the students who are really wearing on my nerves and wearing me down in general).
-My college list is as long as ever and showing no signs of shortening. Oh well. The first four apps I get around to doing will probably be the places I go to. (I'm sure UNC-CH and Meredith will be in there...and of course, if I get the Teaching Fellows Scholarship, I'll definitely go somewhere instate). I'm also looking at American U., Purdue U., Northeastern U., Boston U., U of Richmond, and some more instate schools. Bleh.

Time for me to hit the hay. I promise to try to be better about updating. No guarantees, though.

No comments: