Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I've been really slack about posting, I know. Anyway, I figured I'd try to briefly update on my life: nothing much is new, though. I'm applying for the NC Teaching Fellows Scholarship, and even though I probably won't get it, it would be nice. (but it would mean that I would have to stay in-state. I mean, we have some awesome schools in NC, but other places have awesome schools too, lol).
I went on the fall retreat at CHBC this weekend; it was held in King, NC, at a YMCA Camp. It was super-fun and I had a great time. Of course, I came home sick...but it was well worth it.
College applications are slowly beginning to overtake my life!!!! AHHHH. It's kinda exciting but also stressful and scary at the same time.
Riley is doing well and has completely become one of the family. Hope still isn't wild about him, but whatever.
Tomorrow is a 1/2 day at RCHS, and Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will take the PSAT, while us lucky seniors get to attend a crash-course in how to write college application essays. *yawn* But it's all good because we get Thursday and Friday off from school. I guess that's about it.
If y'all want to check out some cool music from a band that was formed from some members of my church, go here. They're called SpencerAcuff, and their music is awesome. I encourage you to purchase the cds if you like the demos online--- all proceeds are currently going to the RedCross to benefit victims of hurrican Katrina.

That's all for now. I'm tired...later dudes.

No comments: