Monday, March 16, 2009

My Favorite 2-year-old

Let me tell you about my favorite 2-year-old. Actually, I guess she's 2 1/2. Anyways, I got to have dinner with her the other night. And it reminded me how much I dislike being so far away from her and missing out on watching her grow up.

We took a walk while we were waiting for our food. Hand-in-hand, she pointed out the flowers blooming, the buds on the trees, the Green volkswagen beatle. I asked her what she did at daycare that day.

"I did work."
"Really? What kind of work?"
"I built a tower that the princess lived in."
"Wow. That's hard work."
"Yeah." She sighs. "It was very hard work."

She cracks me up constantly. She's very flirtatious and told everyone around us, the waitstaff included, about the turtles on her shirt. Apparently, when her mom asked her if she had to go potty a month or so ago, she said, "That's not a priority right now."

I'm always impressed at her ability to carry on conversations and was not the least bit dismayed that she was already cheering on an ACC team, even if it wasn't the one I typically cheer for. It was too adorable not to love. She can spell her name and when she sings the "BINGO" song, she can switch it up and insert her (conveniently 5-letter) name into the song instead.

I know that none of you can appreciate this simply from reading this post but no matter what is going on in my life, this little girl has an uncanny ability to make my day (though sometimes she has to make my month, depending on when I'll get to see her again!)

No comments: