Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Today in publications:

"Dr. Busonik, haven't I already told you that I CANNOT be twarted, even by hurricanes!"
He finds this amusing. "Well," I continue, "I can't."

Later, he is trying desperately to find someone who will be graphics editor for the second issue.
"Anyone willing to?" he asks for like the gazillionth time.
"I will," I tell him.
"Ummm. . .anyone?"
"Hello? I will."
"No, you are already web editor for this issue."
"Yes, but I can do both."
"Does anyone want to be graphics editor?" he asks again.
"I vote for Lindsay," I tell him
"I second that" comes another student's response.
After an agonizing five minutes and an unsuccessful attempt to con someone else into taking on the ardurous position, he gives in.
"Alright, Lindsay, you can be both."
I smile, "Thank you."
Another five seconds, and I continue "By the way, sir, I told you I could NOT be thwarted!"
"You know," says Mickella, "Now that you've given into her once, she will expect it all year."
Dr Busonik smiles and says, "Yes, I know, but you have no idea how amuzing it is to see her beg, and get turned down, and beg somemore. It is oh so much fun!"
Lol. THE END.

No comments: