Friday, November 26, 2004

Well, I got my hair cut today...It's short-er. That's for sure. It's not even shoulder length anymore. :( And to think I've worked all these months to have long hair (not that it was that long...but it was beyond my shoulders...not that it matters, it just goes back into a ponytail all the time...the tragedy of being a dancer/athlete) Anyway, the lady straightened it...so for the first time in years I have straight hair. It's amazing. I can't even describe how it looks, or how nice it feels not to have hair that is full of body and curly...bleh. I have noticed that my hair changes considerably during the year. In the summer is slowly approaches a blondish tone/highlight, while now, it is back to its original reddish, blah color. And, yes, I am not fond of my hair. I do like it right now because it is oh-so straight. And, for the first time is forever, it seems, I have that indescribable joy of being able to constantly tuck my hair behind my ears, which I am doing a lot of right now.

In honor of Turkey Day, I am going to post a list of things I am thankful for, though it will be obviously incomplete...how could I ever list all my blessings, as they are so abundant???!!!!
-the ever-present, housing, clothing, etc
-my school and all the accompanying lovely aspects
-my family and friends
-the youth program at my church which has (to say the least) changed my life
-health
-the rain b/c it makes me much more appreciative of the sunshine
-LIFE
-Jesus (need I say more???? *grin*)
-and so much more. It all just sounds so well...odd: Like, I'm thankful for all the suffering and pain I experience b/c it makes me grow and because the good times are not taken for granted


In other news, my youth leader, Carlye (bottom picture on left...) is pregnant with her first child, a boy!!! How cool is that?!?! I guess, Riley (the two year old seen in the right hand picture on the above link--she's being led by some youth off to the right, and her parents are pictured with the stroller) can't name the baby Lulu like she wanted to. Oh well.

I'm looking for a dance or gymnastics school to take classes at. So far score: Me: 0. My frustration: 1000000. I just wanna dance. Anyways.

Cultural fair is coming up this friday. Mica and I are doing a booth on Chile!!! Wooo. GO CHILE. Oh yeah, I'm going back this year!!!! YAY! I can't wait. I'm on their website here. (move your mouse over the picture of the dog, and I appear.) The dog in the picture with me is my newfound friend Perrita (or puppy, in English). She and I made friends on the beach one day, and I taught her (in Spanish) to sit, shake, stay, and come. A great accomplishment for a stray!!!! She must be really smart (or maybe it was the treats!!! hehe). I can't wait to go back! And this is my testimonial about my wonderful experience there~

No comments: