Friday, November 11, 2005

I went to see Capote today; it's about Truman Capote's quest to write his nationally acclaimed book, In Cold Blood. While this R-rated movie is anything but uplifting, it is a must-see for all you avid readers out there who are interested in book-related movies. This is not, however, a remake of the movie In Cold Blood, but rather the story of how the book came to be written.

Yesterday was the first of two Citizenship days at school. I am in the gleaning group, and got to go out to a farm and pick up sweet potatoes that were left behind after the harvest. We picked more than 3,000 pounds of sweet potatoes, and each pound yields about 3 servings-- i.e. 9,000 people will get food solely from what we picked. And we only picked for about two hours. Wow. It was really awesome to be working so hard at something, and knowing the whole time that a hungry child, an impoverished woman or a man who had a string of bad luck would be able to eat because of what I was doing.

Oh yeah, my letter to the editor (N&O) got published on Monday (11/07/05)!!!! AND I have been accepted into my first college! Purdue University has rolling admission and I went ahead and applied. I got my acceptance letter last week, and I am very, very happy, and much less stressed. I don't think I have a first choice school per-say, but I think Purdue would be a pretty cool school.

I got a semi-part-time job with a friend of the family. He owns his own business selling records/LPs on eBay. I am going to log records into the computer database for him, which is pretty cool. And the pay is decent for the seemingly mindless work. I'm excited, because I get to have a job, but it doesn't require insane numbers of hours.

My birthday is soon!!! 42 days!!! And Christmas is in 45 days. I can't believe how quickly time flies...senior year is going to be gone before we know it! And that makes me pretty sad.

I'll post more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see you, you're talking to someone...nevertheless, I wanted to tell you that your letter to the N&O was nicely written and (if I dare say) better then Dr. Humble's. Good Job.

-Gloria

Anonymous said...

*than

My goodness.

Lindsay said...

Thank you, Gloria. I miss seeing you too. We should get a few people together and hang out soon. This is our senior year, for goodness sakes! Are you experiencing senioritis as badly as I am right now????!!!!
lol.

Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Senioritis is completely taking over my body. groooss. No matter what, I can't find a desire to study. And this year is turning out to be anything but relaxing. We should get some people together and hang out. That would be so much fun!!

-Gloria