Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It Rains...A LOT

There's something about Greensboro that makes me want to rename it-- Grayboro or Rainyboro or something of the sort. Seems every day it's rained, drizzled, poured or just been overcast. It's kinda depressing actually, though I was excited today when my rainboots got shipped in. Now, I don't go to class with pants that are soaked from the cuffs to my knees. So I kinda clunk around school in these boots, looking like a Jedi Knight, with my brown pants tucked into the boots. But I stay dry-- between my parka without a hood, my LA ball cap, my umbrella (which is rainbow and makes me happy!) and my new boots, I'm all set for the 3/4 mile trek three or more times a day to and from class and to the cafeteria.

I'm reading this really good book called Kite Runner for class. I HIGHLY recommend it.

That's about all to report in Rain-land. I do have a new addiction--- applesauce. I've gone through phases the last few years where I get super addicted to applesauce for a while, and I'm back in that phase again!!!

I finished two papers this week-- one on my theory of the university education and the other on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm glad to have them finished. I have to presentations to worry about now-- one on Chile and one on a book the class is reading, that I must lead a discussion for. BOO. Actually, I've read the book before, so I'm not too worried about that. My presentation on Chile, however, has to be in Spanish so I'm a little worried about how that'll go. But I'll stress about that later. For now, Today's worries are enough for today.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. -Matthew 6:34

No comments: