Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Quick Update

So I started tutoring at an elementary school this week. We work with more than fifty kids and help with homework, play games and eat snacks. Then they get driven home. I had K-2 this week, which is the current age group I'd like to work with for a career. I absolutely fell in love with the kids and it really confirmed my belief that my major change was the right move.

I'm heading to the Garden City, S.C. on Friday with InterVarsity for a retreat. I am very excited because it will be a wonderful opportunity to fellowship, grow and take a break from college life to truly basque in God's love. I'll try to post the pictures from the retreat after we get back.

In a little over two weeks, I have fall break! So from October 6-1o, I'll be at home. There'll be tons to do though. I will head back to the high school to visit, get my hair cut, have a yard sale, go shopping, and rest. Hopefully, I will also get to hang out with friends and have some quality time with family, because I miss everyone so much when I'm here.

I lead a class discussion tomorrow on a book (Waiting for the Barbarians) in my Human Rights class. Next Wednesday I have to make a class presentation (in Spanish) on Chile in my Spanish class. VERY NERVOUS.

No comments: