Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Honor(ed)

As my best friend plans her wedding, no detail, no matter how small, has been unknown to me. From colors, to the dress, to the location, each and every aspect has been something on which she asked my opinion, took me with her to shop or visit, etc. 99% of the time, I knew things before her family did.
But this weekend, she surprised me. We were in the Outer Banks together and I had gone to take a shower in our suite. When I returned, there was a note card and a small box on my pillow. I knew what the notecard was going to say because I had helped her type the poems for all six of them and print them up. She was then going to hand-write notes to each girl, asking them to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. So, you can imagine my surprise when I opened the card, read the poem, and where I had typed it to say "Will you be my bridesmaid?" at the bottom, it instead said, "Will you be my Maid of Honor?" I just sat there at first and the first thing I said to her was: "You typed up a whole other card." She just laughed. I was so shocked and so honored to be asked to play the biggest role in her wedding party. And of course, I accepted.
(Oh, and we had a lovely time in the Outer Banks).

1 comment:

MarySuz said...

that is so sweet!
you will be a wonderful maid of honor!