Saturday, October 11, 2008

Something Bigger Than Me

I realized yesterday that I expect other people to come through and "fix" things, whether they are professionals, friends, family, whatever. I expect that if I have a problem that I cannot fix, that they ought to know how and be willing to fix it. The problem is rarely with the willingness. It's the knowing how.

And I realized yesterday that my expectations of other people in this way stems from the fact that I don't completely trust God. I don't trust Him to be in control. I don't trust Him to take care of me. I don't trust Him to be good. I don't trust Him to...be God. So, I decided that that's not okay. (I know, I know I'm brilliant).

I am trying to live in the core truth that God is good and that His plan is perfect, whatever that means for my life right now.

Whatever You're doing inside of me,
It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace.
And though it's hard to surrender to what I can't see,
I'm giving in to something Heavenly.

Whatever You're doing inside of me,
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me,
Larger than life, something heavenly.
-Sanctus Real

No comments: