Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A World of Newness

I feel like 2009 is going to be a year of "newness" for me.

I am learning what it looks like to have and sort of lose your best friend to marriage, and at the same time I am learning what it looks like to nurture that friendship all the more because it shouldn't fizzle out because she's getting married.

I am learning what it looks like to be in a relationship, the ups and downs, the apologies, the laughter, the adventure, and the beauty of it all.

I am learning what it means to be one of the oldest people in the IV Chapter, and how that affects my position, both as a leader and as a follower.

I am learning what it means to find happiness independently of others-- don't get me wrong, having friends and others in my life greatly contribute but I can be independently happy.

It's a new season, and this one is filled with lots of transition, growth, revelation and adventure. And I'm embracing it day by day.

No comments: