Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Worth seeing

Drew loves movies. Seriously. And since he works almost 80 hours per week, the only consistent time we have together is Saturday from around 11am until 4pm, when he heads off to work again. That gives us enough time to wander around Barnes and Noble and then go see a movie.

The last two movies we've seen together were Taken and He's Just Not That Into You. I liked both of them, although they are very different movies. Taken is more action-oriented with a lot of violence and killing, but I have to say I teared up at the end. Drew loved the movie, and as we were walking out and discussing our takes on it, he said, "One thing, though." "What's that?" I asked. "No daughters." First of all, we're not nearly there in our relationship, but it cracked me up. I reminded him that biologically the man's genes decide the gender of the child, and then my curiosity got the best of me. "Why not?" I asked; I've always wanted a daughter (not that I don't want boys). "Because, I'd be too afraid to let them do anything for fear something would happen to them. I'm afraid I'd smother them being over-protective." Cute.

We went to see He's Just Not That Into You on Valentine's Day, although I protested seeing this movie as a couple at first. In the end though, this movie was really well-made. There are seven main characters and the ending isn't as predictable as you might think. It is a little over two hours, but it's the perfect movie to see if you're going to a movie by yourself, if you're going in a co-ed or all-girls' group (or even all guys), or to go see with your significant other. There were all different types of people there on Valentine's Day: single guys in groups and by themselves, single girls in groups and by themselves, couples of all ages, etc. And with a line-up of Jennifer Anniston, Scarlet Johansen and Ben Affleck, how can you go wrong??

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

I really like He's Just Not that Into You.