Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Let's see---lately my life has been a string of crazy, insane happenings. First there was the election--- I lost, of course. Then came plenty of work and ex days, with the cultural fair to prepare for. At the last second the cultural fair was cancelled, and so all the work that Rachel and I put into our project was down the drain. Oh well, maybe next year. Then I had to shop cause I was in serious need of a few things from Kohls. Then I babysat for Lily and Gracie, and Lily is sitting up all by herself!!!! She's such a cool baby. Then I had my Spanish project on food, and I had to make Paella, Fajitas, and Tortilla Espanola. On top of that, there was church, youth group, and Sunday school, normal homework, and studying for an out-of-place APES final. My AP Env. Sci final is this week, Tues and Wed. It annoys me b/c I am NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT in study mode yet. I get in true, work-like-I-can't-imagine, study my butt off, read, review about a week before exams start, and I study soooooo hard. But three weeks before, I am still in the end-of-the-year slacker mode. Plus, my teacher does NOT know ANYTHING!!!! NADA, when it comes to APES, at least. He asked us what the largest reservoir of carbon was, and we said rocks, esp limestone, and he was like "No the book says it's the atmosphere." Well, I looked it up in the book and it said "The largest reservoir of carbon is rocks." Well, okay, everyone makes mistakes I guess, but still. . . it's frustrating b/c you should be able to go to your teachers for help and everytime I try to he says "Oh, I'll have to look that up in the book" and he either never does or he never gets back to me about it. ARGH. Anyway, the final shoudl be fairly simple, just basic terms and knowledge.


Which brings me to my final point about APES-- when I signed up to take this course, even though it's required, I though it would be a very liberal, heres-how-you-can-save-the-world, kind of course. But it is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT anything like that. It's facts and figures. Most of our tests are like "how many people are in the world?" a) 6.1 bill b) 6.3 bill c)6.5 bill. d)6.6 bill. And as much as all of that fascinates me, I'd really rather be doing civil action or something or saving the world. But I guess this is school, after all. *sigh*

No comments: