Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Well, we bought a car today. I can hardly contain myself. We got a really good deal on a Mitsibishi Mirage, from 2000. It's in impecably good shape for a four-year-old car. It has power locks, windows, a cd-player, and airconditioning. The interior looks like its barely been used before. I even got to take it on a test drive! It drives very smoothly. The people at the Saturn Dealership are very, very nice. It's only 12 days till I get my liscense.

In other news, not much is happening. Life is pretty steady, and I guess I can't complain! I'm nervous about the new school year. So far, I know of few people who will be in classes with me, and that is always a little unnerving. Lately, I find myself consumed on one of two topics: Chile and dance. Pretty pathetic huh? As far as Chile is concerned, I am saving all my money (that I didn't just spend on a car) to return next year. Those nine days were the best of my life, and I cannot wait to return. The people were incredible, the scenery was one-of-a-kind, and the experience was life-altering. Paola, one of the directors, has already said that when she and Roberto, the other director, get settled into married life and buy a house that I can come visit them for a while! That would be soooo awesome. As for dance, well I am doing a lot of "soul searching" and I'm finding that I have no real desire to return to dance classes in the fall. While the thought of no dance breaks my heart, I have realized that I don't have the passion or love for it that I used to. Maybe it's because Ms. Ali was jailed and I have finally realized that she's not going to return one day and reopen the studio. I guess I was dreaming of having my studio back, and when I know that I will never have it, I find that dance just doesn't feel as worth it. I lived for it at one time, and now....well, maybe it just wasn't for me. It's pretty sad, though, how I can fall out of love with something that has been a part of my life for going on 14 years, and suddenly, because one person fails me and abandons what we all poured hard work into, I find myself lost, without a passion in life. Wow, that is a scary thought.

Work's fine. Same old, same old. I'll be sad when my buddies leave at the beginning of school, though. It just won't be the same without them....Cross country starts tomorrow, so that should boost my spirit some. My sister's running XC too, and I've been helping train her, but it's not going so well. She's not really into it, and I wish she would play tennis. She'd be happier there, but my mom insists that she should run on the team with me, so I can help her through the fall season. Woohoo. Sounds like fun....NOT. Oh well, I love my sister, though. More later.

No comments: