Saturday, January 29, 2005

I went to Metamorphosis this weekend. I guess I should explain what exactly it is. We went to the church about 7pm and were dismissed from there. All the high school girls and our three leaders went to Annie Hoyle's house. Once there, we played some random version of "2 truths and a lie," followed by a study of consolation and desolation, how they affect us, etc. Then we played around a little more, and watched Raising Helen. Then we finally went to bed around 2am. (SOOOO much fun!) We woke at 8am and ate a marvelous breakfast of plain and choco-chip pancakes, cooked with love by the Hoyles. After breakfast we headed back upstairs to have another devotional. This one was about reflection, images, feelings, and action. After that, we packed up a little and headed to the church. We went through a prayer labrinth, which is basically about 11 steps with different topics at each station. You can pray, talk to, commune, listen to God. After each of us finished the prayer labrinth, we went to the foyer of the church where we could paint and make a collage on a big piece of canvas. It was really cool. Lee (my wonderful high school leader) helped me cut out individual letter for "FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE." That phrase stuck with me the most of everything in the prayer labrinth. I also painted a hand on the canvas that said "Hands to work, Hearts to God" above it. The canvas looked great when we were all finished. Then we got back in our cars (oh yeah, i rode with Lee everytime) and headed back to the Hoyle's house, where we had a wonderful lunch of homemade chili, sandwiches, fruit, and chips. Perfect for a cold day. We had a final session where we talked about Levicia Divina (Holy/divine words) and how to interpret or best understand it. Then we headed back to the church where we met up with the high school guys and went to go bowling. Emma, Stephanie, Meredith, Diane, Lee and I were all on a "team" or "lane." I'm not so good at bowling, but I'm super glad we had bumpers up! lol. I think I made the ball bounce a couple of times instead of rolling it, and I know taht twice I set the ball down at the beginning of the lane and tapped it. It was fun to watch it go so slowly. I like bowling with the five aforementioned people because they're ok (and not embarassed) about me goofing off and they are really encouraging. It was so much fun. Lee is awesome, cause I was having kind of a hard afternoon and she was really nice about it. Then we went back to the church and played Catch Phrase and waited for our parents to pick us up.

Things I learned this weekend (some serious, some not so...)
"Don't hate,
Eat a marshmellow"

18 girls and one bathroom don't mix lol

I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
I am God's creation, and God doesn't make mistakes!

Lee sure knows how to put on bandaids really well!

God has his own time, and is not limited to or bound
by the restraits we place on ourselves and our world.
He'll answer "on-time." It's like a song I heard once,
"He never failed us and won't start now.
It may not come when you want it
but he'll be there right on time,
He's an on time God O yes he is!"

I have the greatest friends and leaders at youth group! :)
Thanks, guys.




Not much else is happening. I'm busy busy with upcoming track, and newspaper, environmental club, RCCF, Spanish Club, Spanish tutoring, school work, and an upcoming Spanish competition. *scary* And of course, I have to take the SAT, the SAT IIs, and the ACT. And I need to start looking at colleges. On my list currently are: UNC-CH, UNC-Charlotte, George Washington University, Bryan College, Meredith College. I'm also looking a little at Georgetown, Agnes Scott, American, and UNC-Asheville and possibly NCSU.

Later all.

No comments: