Sunday, January 23, 2005

What to say?

I was sooo impressed. Raleigh NC had gone since the beginning of school w/o a hurricane or ice or snow or any other inclement weather. We hadn't missed one day of school. Then BAM! We have this ice-snow stuff that coats the ground. They let us out of RCHS (and Wake CO, too I think) around 1:10, and the roads are clogged until all hours. Our fifteen minute drive turned into hours upon hours. We missed school the next day (thursday) but returned on Friday. Winter Formal was supposed to be on Saturday, and we were all very excited all day on Saturday b/c the weather hadn't appeared as forecasted, so it looked like we would have our dance. I got my hair done, my nails done, and was at Elizabeth's house around 5:45 when we checked the website. THE DANCE WAS CANCELLED. I hope it'll be rescheduled. It really is a bummer. But I had fun at Elizabeth's anyway, even with my hair that had so much hairspray in it. Elizabeth said it felt like cement. I agree.

In other news, I got to talk to Mark online. That was really nice. I never get to see/talk to him anymore, and it's sad. But we had a very nice chat and we'll hopefully get together again soon.

I have two ten-page research papers to finish by March, which is kinda stressful. One's for AP U.S. History and one's for 20th Century History. For the former, I'm doing a paper on the changes in interpretation (by the Supreme Court) of the Commerce Clause. As for the latter, I'm not sure about a topic yet. Ms. Greenwalt and i are planning to discuss it on Monday.

Environmental club is going splendidly. We're planning an afterschool movie for the school, and a raffle as well. We're trying to reinstigate white-paper recycling, but the teachers don't seem all that enthusiastic.

It's almost 2:30am, so I'm gonna head to bed. The wind is pretty rough right now. Worrisome.

No comments: