Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So, let's see. What to update about?

Well, we painted my room. It's got bright yellow walls, with an aqua bookshelf, a purple bookshelf and orange beams across the ceiling. Yeah, I'm nuts.

I missed an entire week of school last week with strept throat. But it was cool b/c I got to hang out with my mom all day.

I got called some pretty bad names at school today for no real reason, except that kids can be real jerks. It's hard because I want so much to not let myself be bothered by it, but it still hurts. You always grow up hearing that it doesn't matter what people think of you, only what you think of yourself. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." Yeah, except when you get called names like Whore and such. Mr. Slattery saw it all happen, and he sort of chastised them for it, but I think he felt really bad, because after they walked away, he was like "Lindsay? You ok?" Well, even if I wasn't, I wouldn't admit it. I'm seventeen years old and nothing is supposed to bother me anymore. ARGH.

I just cling to these pieces of advice:
"The Lord will fight for you. All you have to do is stand still." -Exodus 14:14

"Blood isn't always thicker than water." -Clay Aiken's mom, Faye Parker

"Use disappointment as material for patience." -Faye Parker

"Que sera, sera." (Whatever happens, happens).

No comments: