Monday, January 03, 2005

So I decided to post again. I got the "throw-up bug" for the second time in four months! That's a record for me. Before October, I hadn't had it for ten years or so. And then all of the sudden on New Years Eve (approx. 12am or so) I ring in the new year with some unpleasant symptoms. Lol. Both times this year, I got the bug from babysitting, the first from one family and the second time from a different family. Both, however had in common a one-year-old (coincidentally named Lily in both cases) who was sick the week before. I'm better now, and thankful for my health! :)

Vignettes are progressing ever so slowly. The more I try to work, the more annoyed I get. Partly at the assignment and partly at the emotions it provokes. I mean, who wants to write about scenes from their life. If all I write about are the fluffy parts, my teacher may grade down for "lack of interest," etc. Oh well.

Funny things my sister has said:

Me: I have a pin number. You don't. Haha.
Her: So what? I have a social security number! Haha.
Me: **rolls eyes**

Her: If people don't have a social security number do they not exist? (trouble is, she was serious)

Her: Is UNICEF about testicular cancer, cause it has "uni" in the name, so I thought there was maybe just one.

Her: Mom, if you don't take care of us, I'm turning you into Social Security (of course, she meant social services...but hey...services . security. what's the diff?)

My mom: That woman is so mean.
Me: yeah, she's a witch
Mom: More like a witch with a B
My sister: You mean B*witched?
^of course, that wasn't quite what we meant

My sister: Lindsay! Guess what? I made a new song for Clay.
Me: Really? What is it?
Her: "Don we now our gay apparel."
(yeah, I wasn't amused by this. Leave clay alone!)
That's my sister for ya. :)

In other news: I love law and order SVU. Olivia (Mariska Hagarty) and Elliot (Christopher Meloni) are my favorites! I also love Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I always cry during that one.

New Years Resolutions:
- Get along with my sister better
- Continue vegetarianism
- Love more, hope more, dream more, and cry less

Life Goals:
- Cure AIDS, Cancer, ALS, etc
- Change the world/save lives
- Be a part of Doctors without Borders or the Mercy Corps or the Peace Corps
- Teach School
-Run for president
- Get married
- Have a family
- Publish a book

No comments: