Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I really really want to travel the world. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Here's my list...

Top 5 Places I want to see for purely tourist reasons
(in no particular order, and of course I'm not going anytime soon)
1. Greece
2. Australia
3. Spain
4. France
5. Italy
(European continent- and Australia-, here I come...only not)
Coming in, in the top ten to finish off the list:
6. Brazil
7. Switzerland
8. China
9. Egypt
10. Israel
(and I guess Germany gets to be number 11)
Top 5 places I want to go on my quest to make a difference in this world:
1. Ethiopia
2. Sudan
3. Phillipines
4. Honduras
5. India

And the top 3 things I want to do in my life (other than get married, have kids, graduate college, get a job that makes me happy, and run a marathon):
1. Affect change (through politics or diplomacy, curing AIDS or cancer, ending world hunger, creating peace; I don't care, as long as I have a positive impact on the world)
2. Finish and publish a novel (not necessarily the one I started already)
3. Travel
That sounds stupid doesn't it? That my top three things include publishing a book that no one'll read, and traveling. How selfish. Well, I guess if you break down all the things I think I'd like to do to affect change...no not really. Still selfish. I guess I'd really just like to feel like I've had some influence on the world that has made it easier/better for the next generation. I don't want a utopian society, by any means. Some pain and suffering does induce growth, which is good. It's the unnecessary pain and the endless hurt that I want to alleviate. Maybe someday...

No comments: