Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wow. Here I am and I don't know how to put into words what I'm thinking and feeling. To be honest, I'm really sad. Ms. Greenwalt is, as many of you know, moving to Boston this summer. In fact, she's loading today. Wow, that came unexpectedly ... at least for me. The two of us (Ms. G and I) had been putting off saying goodbye because we both figured she would stay through most of the summer and we would get to say goodbye in July at church. Well, she's loading today, (as I said earlier) and it doesn't look like she's coming to church on Sunday. I'm upset and relieved at the same time...funny, huh? I am going to miss her terribly, and I really wanted to say goodbye, but in her email she said, "Maybe it's better to have no official goodbye...just, see you soon." I knew that it would hurt to say goodbye, but it hurts this way too. Of course, she's stressed with the move, closing, etc. So, for now, we've said "see you later" and hopefully, I will [see her later, I mean]. I'm sure she'll be back next spring for graduation, but that's a long way off. I will miss her dearly, of course, but maybe it's less painful to have an open-ended farewell, (which may actually be no farewell at all), and less painful to not have a final chapter...there's much time left.

In other news...A toddler was abandoned in Washington state on Monday night. He is said to be in good health--- warm, recently fed, and well-cared for. He was left in the stairwell of a church. The person who abandoned him sat on the stairs with him until he fell asleep...and then left. No one has reported a missing child, and police do not yet know to whom the child belongs. And no one seems to be able to get the child to talk. I can't sit in judgement here...there may have been extenuating circumstances or major problems that we can only guess at or imagine. I hope, I really do hope, that whoever left this child had a good reason for doing so.

No comments: