Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not much to post about. Same ol' same ol'. VBS was this week. I was in the three-year-old room, helping out. I love my Riley and my Sam (actually I heart all the kids in that class, but those two in particular). Apparently they both go home at night and talk about me. They are soooo sweet. Tonight's the "closing" ceremony. (even though we still have another day of VBS tomorrow/friday). All the kids will sing, dance or do a skit for their parents/families. Of course, my kids will likely just stand on-stage and do the hand motions for the songs. They haven't figured out the singing thing yet. Oh well. After VBS ended today, the church treated all the youth helpers to lunch at Fuddruckers, which was fun. Megan (she works at CHBC, and she's soooo sweet) drove me to Fuddruckers, and emphatically informed me that I am a nut. Okay, I guess I can't deny it any longer. I am a NUT. We had fun, though. Tomorrow's the last day of VBS...*tears* I'll miss my three-year-olds for sure!
I finally met Carlye's baby, Elisha Stephen Dash Daugird! YAY. He's sooo cute.

At the end of July (more specifically July 28-August 1) I'll be in D.C. looking at colleges! (Georgetown, George Washington University, and American U). I'm excited. I think the prospect of living in D.C. (or M.A. or N.Y.) is very, very exciting and a wonderful opportunity. Those are the other two places I'd like to live, if not in NC or VA (which would be okay, but the climate is just getting to be a bore). I am looking at Northeastern University and Boston University, in MA; and I'm looking at a few colleges in NY. It's very much still a scary process, but it's exciting at the same time. Of course, I still have college apps and essays looming ominously over my head, as well as my second go-round with the SAT, though I think I did fine on it the first time. However, no one seems to be able to tell me what a "good" score is for applying to college.

If anyone has a good idea for a column topic, tell me. I want to write a regular column in the school paper this year, but I don't know what to write about.

More later. Time for the closing ceremony now.

No comments: