Monday, October 23, 2006

A Friend

One day a man was walking along, when he fell into a huge hole. The man tried but was unable to get out. A doctor walked by and the man yelled to him: "Hey, mister! Can you help me?" The doctor wrote out a prescription, threw it down into the hole and kept walking. A preacher walked by and the man yelled up to him: "Hey, mister! Can you help me?" The preacher wrote out a prayer on a sheet of paper and threw it down into the hole and kept walking. Then the man's friend walked by. "Hey, buddy! Can you help me?" The friend looked down, and without hesitating, jumped into the hole. The man looked at his friend. "Are you crazy? Why did you jump into the hole with me? Now we're both stuck down here." His friend smiled and said, "Yeah, but I've been down here before, so I can show you the way out."

No comments: