Friday, October 27, 2006

My ankle, the Cafeteria, and all sorts of fun stories

It's Friday night at 10pm as I lie on my bed typing this. It's dark, chilly and rainy outside, here in Greensboro. I was supposed to babysit tonight from 7:30 until about midnight. In fact, I was on my way, walking down a slippery sidewalk to where my car was parked. I didn't see a small hole in the sidewalk and my left foot went into it, turned over completely and I fell down, all my weight on my turned ankle. For a good three minutes, I just sat there, in a lot of pain, trying to figure out whether this was one of those times when you'll feel better if you just keep walking, or whether I had sprained it. Then I started crying, in pain, in fear, and because I was wet, cold and I didn't know what to do. I straightened up and got on my cell phone. I called my roommate and one of our hall mates and they came after about eight minutes to help me hop back to our room (not an easy feat). My foot is swollen and purplish, and it hurts, but it'll make a good story in a few months.

Last night, we had a "carnival" in the cafeteria, complete with popcorn, kareoke, candy apples, sno cones and cotton candy. Apparently we were celebrating Halloween...

No comments: