Friday, December 19, 2008

Maybe I Am Missing Something...

Right next to Campus is a Walgreens, on the corner. As I was going in the other day, I noticed something that made me stop and wonder...

In front of the stoor, as is so common this time of year, was a Salvation Army employee ringing a bell, asking for donations. And on the street corner was a homeless man, with a sign that said: "Homeless veteran. Anything helps. God bless." And I wondered...how ironic it seemed that the Salvation Army employee stood not forty feet from the homeless veteran, that people were giving money to the employee, that the homeless man continued to be avoided.

I am not in any way doubting the good things that the Salvation Army does in our community, as in many others around the country. I just found it odd.

No comments: