Thursday, December 11, 2008

On a whim...

As many of you know, I have been helping with almost every detail of Laura Jo's wedding-- and enjoying it thoroughly. As a part of that, I went with her to many different bridal shops to try on gowns... and the more I learned, the more the sales associates (or bridal consultants) would just let me do their job for them and leave us alone.

So the other day, my friend Sarah asked me to go with her to David's Bridal to look at gowns for her wedding. I agreed because it's becoming something that I enjoy and that I'm knowledgeable about.

Anyway, the bridal consultant was busy helping someone else and joked around with me about doing her job for her. I joked back, asking if they were hiring. "Yes, we are," she told me. "And you should get an application." I went to the front and got an application and was planning to take it home, and with exams and everything going on right now, I figured, I might get around to this. Besides, what good would an employee discount do me at David's? (actually that thought didn't cross my mind at the time). Anyway, the lady stopped me and told me to fill it out while I was still in the store and went to get the assistant manager, who promptly asked me when the soonest was I could come in for an interview. So, the following day I had an interview with the manager, who asked me two questions and then talked about job duties and my "future at David's Bridal."

I go in to observe on Saturday and then I start training on Sunday. Wow. Who would've thought that I would be a bridal consultant at 20? But apparently I did something right that day because the whole store is talking about me. Lovely.

It's a job and I am so blessed to have found one that will work with my schedule next semester. I'm kind of excited and a little nervous too.

No comments: