Sunday, December 28, 2008

Terrified...Absolutely

I officially start my job this week. As in, I will be working one-on-one with brides, mothers of brides/grooms, bridal parties...you get the gist. As in, after one hour of sort-of shadowing a bridal consultant who's done this for almost two years, I'm on my own. As in, after 12 hours of training, (read: going through a manual in a group and briefly looking through the stock, which has since changed to feature the Spring Collection), I'm flying solo. 

BAD IDEA. I don't know the new merchandise (I barely knew the old merchandise). I don't know where everything is located. Or how to pick out the perfect tiara and jewelry to "accessorize" the dress. Or how to suggest dress styles based on body type. Or how to take a customer's style preference and suggest more dresses that are similar. Or how to use the cash register. 

And I haven't memorized my employee number yet. AHHHHH. 

I'm terrified. I feel so utterly incompetent. 

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

Don't be afraid to tell people that you're new. Unless they're bridezilla they will have compassion on you and be extra patient...or at least I would be. (: