Thursday, August 03, 2006

So...COLLEGE! It's hard to believe it's a week away. I still feel like I'm reeling from shock-- and I probably will be for at least a few minutes after my parents drive away from campus. But the honest-to-goodness truth is that my emotions are officially going haywire. When people ask me if I'm excited I always say yes. And I am. And when they ask if I'm nervous, I always say no. And I'm not--- at least I didn't think so. I mean, I'm not moving far away, as my parents have reminded me far too many times, and I can certainly come back on weekends, as they have also told me. They have however insisted on a month-long initiation period, where I am not allowed to drive to Chapel Hill or Raleigh for any reason-- not to hang out, not to see them, not to go to church, not to whatever...I'm not too worried, I don't guess. I am not worried about finding my way on campus; I'm not worried about the work load. I'm not worried about getting involved or making new friends. I'm not worried about adjusting to life in a dorm with a roommate. I'm not worried about foot fungus from the shower and I'm not worried about having to eat cafeteria food. I just worry about missing my friends-- people that I allowed myself to get close to. That's one thing about the L.A. trip that I didn't expect nearly as much-- I got A LOT closer to members of the team than I ever thought I would. It's frustrating to have to not be around them all the time now, but I guess if I was in school in Raleigh that wouldn't be happening but once or twice a week anyway. It's just a new feeling that I'm going to have to get used to-- this feeling of living away from the people that I've been around for years...


Okay, now on to exciting stuff. Here's my schedule:
The World in the 20th Century (M,W,F- 9am)
Spanish 301 (M,W,F- 11am)
American Politics (M,W,F- 1pm)
Honors College ProSeminar (M-6pm)
International Human Rights in Literature and Film (T, Th 11am)
Sexuality in Historical Perspective (T,Th 3pm)

Sooooo excited about that.

I guess that's about all for now. More later, I s'pose.