Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This week has certainly been fun. We had a pink-eye scare earlier in the week, when I kept waking up unable to open my eyes because of the crud that had accumulated overnight. But my eyes never turned pink, so ultimately I decided it was simply allergies. Then there came another problem, I kept getting dizzy and I fell a few times, as a result. This scared my mom like crazy, but I continued to deny it was a problem, and eventually the dizziness and consequently, the falls, subsided after about two days.
My classes are going well. I found out in Spanish, after my first quiz of the year, that when a quiz is over, you simply leave. There is no bell to dismiss you after the full fifty minutes. It was kinda fun--- to get to leave class as soon as I finished my work.
I got to play volleyball with one of the campus ministries here at UNCG last night, which was fun. There were a lot of bugs and the sand we played in was nasty mixed with sweat, but it was a great time nonetheless. And my team didn't seem to care when my serves failed miserably or when I hit the ball in the wrong direction.

There's a song by Carrie Underwood that has lyrics that I really like, especially at this point in my life, and I wanted to put a few up here:
"And just like every Sunday,
I called Mama up last night
And even when it's not,
I tell her everything's alright.
....
Yeah I still feel like
I'm where I'm supposed to be
But don't forget
To remember me."

No comments: