Sunday, August 10, 2003

Alright, about my weekend, though it wasn't too exciting.

I was running on Saturday, and working on some sprinting exercises, especially up and down hills (because I figure that is where people can lose the most time in a race). I have no idea what I did. All I know is a hour later, I couldn't walk on my right foot. It is extremely painful. I currently have it wrapped, and I have done the RICE thing, but other than that, there is not much to do, but sit and wait. Literally, SIT.
My sister came back from Chapel Hill today. And my mom, sister and I all went shopping at TTC, which was fun, or maybe I should say FUN"NY" You see, it is a comical situation when someone is walking around the mall, or no, not walking, hobbling, around the mall, on one foot. Yes, the foot is still in bad shape. Which is terrible news because I have cross country practice all week (yes, I will be there, whether or not I RUN), and at least 3 hours of dance each night. (sometimes more!) PLUS, and just to make me even more miserable, our first meet of the season is on Saturday. Let's just put this plainly THIS SUCKS! I want to run. I sat most of the season out last year do to a knee injury from dance, and then I got shin splints. I do not intend to have a repeat of last season on ANY TERMS! I also drove my mom around most of the weekend. I love to drive, and my mom says I am pretty good. :)
Well, I guess I should go back to my old saying:
I can complain because I sprained or twisted my foot, or I can rejoice because it IS NOT broken!
Yes, there is always a silver lining! And I am just the one to find it!!!!!!!!
There are bad things, but you can look at them, and whine and pout and stuff, or you can change your attitude. For instance, I plan to take a jump rope to practice tomorrow and jump rope on one foot so that I am at least moving around and strengthening my leg.

Oh, and the best part is I don't have to eat alone this year. My friend told me that I could eat with her group of people during lunch. HOORAY! no more lunch times alone!

So, re-cap My sister is home for a week and a half! School and dance start tomorrow; my foot is NOT broken, and I won't eat lunch alone at all this year! Can life get any better? I ask you this, CAN LIFE GET ANY ANY ANY GREATER THAN THIS????????????? Wow, I am the luckiest person in the entire world. I could ask for nothing more! (and this is to be read in a serios, non-sarcastic tone. I am completely serious when I say this. I am soooo happy!)

I LOVE MY LIFE! I AM SO LUCKY AND SO VERY VERY BLESSED.


No comments: