Friday, August 29, 2003

Alright: How do I sum up my week?


SUCKY, but I suppose things could be worse.


Well, we sold my sister's bed and so I have been sleeping on the floor for the last 4 nights, while she sleeps in my bed. (go figure!) Then, my dad calls my house, talks to my sister, so I get to hear one end of the conversation (this is how it ends):

"Yes. . . . . Do you wanna talk to Lindsay?"
[Long pause, and then an exasperated sigh]
"Oh. . .ok. Alright, love you too. Bye."

My reaction:
"Sherby, what happened?"
"What do ya mean?"
"Why can't I talk to dad?"
"He ummm. . .well. . .he ummmm. . ." (she tries to figure out how to protect him) "He had something else to do."
"He had to do it right then and he couldn't even talk to me? C'mon sherb, shoot straight with me."
She looks down, an obvious sign she is lying, and says, " Well, ok, he said he didn't want to talk to you."
"Did he say why?"
"No. He didn't. Lindsay, get over it. Maybe he just doesn't love you anymore, and if he does then he has stopped caring," she gets up and storms out the door.

Then, today, (Friday), I had the following stuff at school:
7th pd -Health (which at my school comes first): TEST
1st pd - APES: Quiz
2nd pd. -Enr. Chem Quiz
3rd pd. -Enr. Eng. Quiz
4th pd. Publications TEST
and I also had a paper due third period. Okay, do I get to have a life or not? So yeah, I have a very sore back, from gymnastics and dance and the floor of my house, and I am so stressed out. NOT TO MENTION: that my mom had a court date with my dad today and the judge denied one of her motions (motion for contempt), and upheld her other motion (motion to compell), and they never got to his motion (motion for contempt). So they have another court date set for Tuesday, and guess what! (this really pissed me off, excuse my language.) They want to call me as a witness. They want me to get up on the stand in front of him, his lawyer, my mom, the judge, etc, and tell them why I am not going to my dads when I am supposed to. (Now, any idiot can answer that: DUH. Can you people not see how he treats me, and his wife is even worse. And besides. He kicked me out of his house in the first place, so I can't very well invite myself back, now can I?)

No comments: