Wednesday, August 06, 2003

This entry is dedicated to Jason, who gets me thinking! Thanks Jason!
So Jason and I went to Goodberry's yesterday evening, and had a very nice, long discussion.

Here is a portion of our conversation that really got me thinking:

"Life is so weird," I conclude, sighing.

"Very weird," he responds.

"Hold on. Life is weird, right? Alright, so. . .oh never mind; I'm being too philisophical."

"No, no. Go ahead."

"Well, if life is weird, that implies that everything in life is weird right? So what makes life weird? I mean, what are we basing the comparison on?"

We sat there thinking, and then we laughed. "Sorry," I said. "I just thought that if life is all we know, then how do we know what is weird?"

And his response was so simple and so obvious, and yet TRUE! "God. We are comparing it to what we know of God, and what we imagine of Heaven."


Wow, all I can say is "Wisdom is acquired at ALL ages. It is not something that comes with age." Jason is a prime example of this. Jason, thanks for getting me thinking, and for teaching me so much!

God bless.

No comments: