Sunday, August 17, 2003

Okay, so hmmm what do I write about?????

First, I will tell you all the clubs/organizations I joined this week at school! I am gonna be one busy girl!
-Environmental Club (well, that doesn't really count I was in it last year)
-Key Club
-Student Legislative Assembly
-Odyssey of the Mind (OM)
-Editorial Board of the Flame (our school newspaper)
-Melting Pot (a celebration of diversity)
-Ammnesty International
(I think that is it, plus dance, the love of my life; and cross country, and swimming, and track) I am gonna be so incredibly busy. But busy is good; do you ever get that feeling when you are so exhausted from what you've been doing, but the feeling of being totally wiped out is the most fulfilling and gratifying thing EVER!!!!

So then I must tell you something and you can give me advice on it.
Ok, I got a letter, or rather, an invitation in the mail. It is an invitation to spend 20 days in Europe as a part of a student program called People to People. It is about being goodwill ambassadors to the rest of the world. Well, the letter said that I had been nominated by a teacher, but I am not so sure. I don't want to sound cynical but these places can get a list of names from just about anywhere, and maybe that's the only reason I got the letter. I would like to go, however, seeing as how I have NEVER been out of the country (other than when I was 8 months old and I went to Canada, but that doesn't count.) This would let me go to England, Ireland, and Wales for twenty days!!!! But I really don't know about this; if my name was just randomly gotten from some list somewhere, then that means that all the other kids I will be traveling with are from a similar list, right? So, maybe this isn't the kind of program I would like to travel with!?!?! And what teacher would nominate me???? Anyways, if any of you know anything about the program let me know so I know if it is credible and if it is worth me going.

No comments: