Tuesday, August 12, 2003

So, I had my first day of school yesterday, and let's just say. . .well. . .hmmmm it was not great. Seventh period went well, and I really think I am going to enjoy being in Ms. Talley's class. She is super nice and super funny, with a great sense of humor. (There is only one problem, she has the same face of someone whom I miss terribly, and so there is a twinge of sadness when I am in her class---what is a twinge? I mean, this is serious sadness, but moreover, it is a longing to see this person, not sadness, just missing her terribly.----and that person should know who she is ---- short, dark brown hair, brown eyes, sweet smile, etc) Anyways, health should be fun, I mean it is a combination of a lot of fun physical things, with only one thing missing dance!! So I hobbled around school all day, because as I have come to realize, I have damaged my sheath tendon. A sheath tendon is the covering of the tendon on top of your foot. So I hobbled and limped around school because putting any pressure on this foot was very painful. I was also having a splendid time hopping on my good foot as I went up and down the stairs, what seemed like an endless endeavor. So, the rest of my day went well, I ate lunch in Ms. Talley's room, ALONE. Yes, I know I said that I wouldn't have to eat alone, but I was wrong. Oh well, it gave me time to start my homework. I had two classes after lunch (Spanish III, and Adv. Algebra II). Spanish III is rather intimidating, because all the people in the class are juniors or seniors and they all know each other. I feel kind of young and like an outcast, but I suppose that will change with time. Algebra II went wonderfully, and after reading the entire course packet at home because I was so dogone bored, I have decided that this course is going to be a sinch! Cross country could have been better. Even though my foot hurt, knowing that we have a race on Saturday, I was determined to at least run the warm up run. So Jason, being the gentleman that he is, ran slowly with me so that if I got hurt, then someone would be there. So we are running along laughing and such, and then somehow, I roll my ankle into a small hole or ditch or something. Man oh man did it hurt. So Jason helped me HOP back to the school (we were only about two blocks away or so, and I must give him proper credit, he did offer to carry me back, but being me, I declined. Thanks again Jason!). I got there, and again, Jason rushed t help. He went to the office and then to the teacher's lounge to get ice for my foot, meanwhile I am sitting on the bench, sulking because I would love nothing more at that moment than to run. Eileen, was also at practice, visiting us, and she comforted me and told me that she understood how I felt but that it was better to let it heal than to run on it. So, I heed her advice and sit on the bench for the next hour, trying to entertain myself. I then go home, and get ready for dance. Yes, I know what you are thinking. I AM OUT OF MY MIND! But hear the rest of the story before you pass judgment. Okay, so I get to dance, and ballet is first, so I simply do the exercises with only one leg on the ground. Yes, it was difficult beyond what you can conceive, but I wanted to do it so I did. I quickly figured out that tap and jazz would not be so easy on one foot, so I played the role of receptionist for the next hour and a half. BORING BORING BORING. But I did do something. I did do the ballet, I can go to bat for myself, and say that I am not a total lazy bum because I did do that! I did a lot of stuff (taht I cannot spell) that I never would have thought possible to do on one leg, but I DID IT! I DID IT. And now, I sit at home, on a school day, because I cannot walk on my hurt foot at all. I have been hopping up and down our stairs all the time, and hopefully tomorrow I will be back in school. :)
[This is a side note: All of my teachers were VERY understanding when I emailed them about the situation. I was pleasantly surprised, not only at their understanding nature, but also at the promptness with which they responded to my email! WOW!]

That is all for now. If you read this all I can say is . . . . . . . . . . . .WOW!
God bless.

No comments: