Monday, August 04, 2003

Alright so now for the section of "Funny Quotes From Today"


"Wow! Look how pretty I am!" (Emily, Age 2 while looking in the mirror.)

"Everybody should run with a partner in case something happens. Unless, of course, your name is Jason Kennedy. Then you HAVE to run by yourself 'cause no one can keep up with you. (Me, while we were discussing safety rules for cross country)

"Why don't you just sleep on the trampoline in the back yard? It's tons cooler out there." (the father I nanny for when discussing the air conditioning)

"Can we play football this week? I mean, frisbee. Can we play frisbee this week? Well, actually football could work too, as long as it is tackle football." (a girl at cross country practice)

"No. We don't run until we get to the corner. It's a TRADITION! We just CAN'T run until we get to the corner. That's just the way it is." (hmmmm. . .hmmmmm . . . .someone at cross country practice)

"When Geoff's not here, I have to improvise. And this is the next best thing." (Me during stretches because Geoff always helped me stretch, but he wasn't there today, so I had to grab my ankle, while standing, and pull it towards my head."

"I got it! Let's all lie down on the ground. Heat rises right?" (Me because this house is so darn hot!)

"Why am I so dirty? Look I am covered in dirt. Oh, wait! It's because I am stretching in a pile of dirt! I am so stupid." (Melissa Evett)

"Most kids can't even do the crossword puzzle clues. And here is Lindsay making up the entire puzzle. Geez. And she's not even in school yet!" (the guy I nanny for)

"Hello? Are you there? Have you had a heat stroke?" (Josh, talking to me on AIM, while I was idle, during the heat wave that is passing through my house)

"Jason, since you are not a student here. You can't win the prize tomorrow. But you can win it for me. And I will share a percentage of it with you." (Dane)

"So, Jason, if you are gonna be at practice during school next week, why don't you come to class with me and take notes and stuff FOR me?"

"Tweenies and Clay Aiken are the bestest. But I don't like those guys that share their name with that bug, or that guy with the funny black hair." (Maddy, age five, in reference to the Beatles and Elvis)

"Why don't kids ever pretend they are going to the Buddhist Temple?" (the guy I nanny for after his kids told him they were pretending to go to church)


So that was my day today. It is sooooo hot in here. I am sweating a lot, but hey as they say,
"You can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."
So I can complain because I have no air conditioning or I can rejoice because I have a roof over my head. I choose the latter one.








No comments: