Friday, September 05, 2003

Hmmmm. . . I am not quite sure what to write. . .

Ok, well the last few days have been, well. . . let's just say, Interesting.
I'll start with Wednesday: Nothing exciting. Doctor's appointment, at which I found out some very, well scary things, but not necessarily about Me, in particular. Anyways, then I had dance. . .LOOOOONNNNNGGGG three hours, to put it mildly! First, tap. (UGH, but fun nonetheless). Then I had clogging. We are going to compete at the State Fair, so all you lovely people need to come watch! (and if you are not a "lovely" person, then, well, come anyway!!!!!!) Then, I had modern, which was long and tiring. But totally worth it.
Thursday was my first day back at Cross Country after my foot injury. We had an easy day, or at least everyone else had an easy day. I hurt my foot because I guess I restarted running too early. Anyways, what we did was we ran from school to Fletcher Park, and I somehow ended up running by myself between the guys and the girls. The guys were running at a fairly fast pace, and for some reason my adrenaline was pumping and I started running with them. However, I did not realize that we were WAY ahead of the girls. After a while, I fell back a little, but still couldn't see the girls, which is fine except that I didn't know where Fletcher was. I had a pretty good idea but I wasn't sure, and downtown Raleigh, as a fifteen year old girl, ALONE, is NOT a smart idea in any way shape or form. My foot hurt most of the way there, but I attributed the immense pain to the lack of running in three weeks, but while we played Ultimate Frisbee, I realized that it was more than just soreness. Jordan told me I should sit down and rest my foot, so I complied. A few minutes later, he came over and asked how I planned to get back to the school. "Run," I said. He shook his head and said, "Uh. . .No, I don't think soooooo." Then he told me that he and dane would run back and get his car and drive back and pick me up. I told him that it was ok, and that he should keep playing, and that my foot didn't hurt that much, but he declined. "Nope, I am gonna run and get my car. I'll be back in a few minutes." I was quite flattered, because he gave up playing a frisbee game to run back to school, get his car, and drive ME back to school, so I wouldn't hurt my foot. I must say that it was a kind gesture, one of complete selflessness. We need more people in the world who are unconcerned about their wants and needs, and instead give without an expectation of anything in return. Then I was off to gymnastics, yes I know I shouldn't have done it on my foot, but we have competitions soon, and I needed to practice, so after two hours of dive rolls, carwheels, hand stands, hand stand rolls, hand stand pushups, back walk overs, back hand springs and roundoffs, I finally got to go home and rest. I desperately needed rest because I have been feeling really weak the last few days/week. It's like my whole body is deprived of something and thus cannot produce energy, and it is making everything hard. It's hard to pick stuff up, to walk, etc, but I suppose life goes on. I just feel weak though, and I wonder if something my body needs is missing. . .oh well.
Today was Flex Day at school, and I did an activity called "Great Disasters" where we built a bridge out of 120 popsicle sticks and glue ( no offense to the teachers, but this is the OLDEST activity in the history of schools!!!!!) My second activity was in chemistry. We did QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS, which I found spectacularly fun. :) I really enjoyed it! I also learned a few things from observations of other people:
1. Baking soda makes black material look weird, and I mean weird.
2. Communication is the key to anything in the scientific field; and when I say "communication" I do NOT mean something like some of the things I heard today like, "Wanna take dis outside, b****?" [Oh, and yes, that was said to me, by someone who had no reason to say it, but hey, it's only words, RIGHT!?]
3. Iodine is reddish. It can TURN blue. The blue solution in the container is NOT iodine. It is bermythymal (sp?) blue, NOT IODINE. I repeat: NOT IODINE!!!! They do not do the same things!
4. If you ask Mr. Grant a question, he will give you one of two answers: a)something stupid and unrelated or b)this "I defer all questions to the athletic director." However, If you ask Mr. Grunden a question, you get a full-out, involved, very clear, answer. Lol. [I am not taking sides here. They are both awesome, in their own ways!]
5. The rubber connector on the faucet is NOT (and I mean NOT) there so that you can stick it inside a test tube and turn the water on high power.
6. If you try hard, and put them in the right places, you can fit 6 pairs of goggles on your head (and I am not talking about putting them one on top of the other, I mean, spreading them out on your head.)

That was the extent of my day! I ate lunch alone, but that's ok, I got to do some writing, which is always good.
Also, Jennie, my mom's friend is in the hospital because her oxygen level is too low (it should be like 95, but her's is 80 or something low like that.)
Well, I gots to go, but have a super week, everyone. Smile. :)

No comments: