Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Alright. . .allow me some time to rant real quick.

I was looking at cards in the drug store the other day, just sifting through them, mostly because I am interested in what spawns card ideas. I came across this one, and what it said really bothered me.

On the front it said, "EVERYTHING IS FATTENING."

On the inside it said, "BAD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO EAT!"

Had it had some inspiring message at the end, I might have been more "ok" with it, but that was ALL it said. What is America coming to that we think that is, well, funny/good/etc. Geeze. anyway, had to get that out of my system.

I had a splendid time in dance tonight! (lol- most of you know me well enough to know that I would say that dance is my entire life, and still it is the bane of my existence.) anyway, I LOVE MY ADVANCED HIP HOP CLASS, (dont get me wrong, I LOVE IT ALL, and hate it all at the same time, but hip hop makes me laugh) Anyways, there are six other girls (ranging in age from 15 to 17) in the class, and today we were doing shoulder spilts, which i guess I should attempt to explain. Shoulder splits are where you sit up, then roll back, onto your back/shoulder (yes, only ONE shoulder) and do a split in the air. So we all laughed hysterically because we kept saying and doing funny things.
Nikki, for instance said (and remember she is in her shoulder split during this, so she is kinda having a hard time getting it out because her face is smushed into the ground.) "Ummm, I think I'm stuck."
Now why that sends seven teenage girls into fits of uncontrollable laughter, I cannot explain, but it did, and we spent the rest of the night, working on our dance, and attempting to muffle our constant giggles.

Now I need to tell you about my laptop/file cabinet adventure!
(First, I worked ALL summer and saved enough to buy my own laptop.)
Well, we had a project thing to do in health today, and my group wanted me to bring in my laptop, so I agreed. After class (thats my first class), Ms. Talley, my health teacher said I could leave it in her file cabinet, where she keeps her purse. I watched as she locked up the cabinet drawer. So after school, I come back to get it, and GUESS WHAT!?!?!?! She can't find her keys. We deduce that she must have accidentally locked them in the drawer too. So the two of us wander around school trying to find another teacher with a file cabinet that has the same lock code as hers. Well, wouldn't you know it! I think a total of two other teachers in the school had file cabinets that even locked! So she sends me to ask Ms. Atkinson for her plethera of keys, which she is happy to give us. We try all of them (there a bajillion!), and none of them work. So Ms. Koch tells us that Mr. Boyer can break open a file cabinet, but it will no longer be able to open. So Ms. talley tells me to go give the keys back to Ms. Atkinson, and to go find Mr. Boyer. Well, I do this, and when I get back, I find Ms. Talley practically praising Mr. Grant. (If you dont go to my school, then you don't know what a funny and strange sight this is), and Ms. Talley says "Lins, Mr. Grant just jerked the drawer really hard and it came right open!!" Anyways, my laptop and Ms. talley's keys and purse are safe. That was enough drama for one day!

No comments: