Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Do any of you out there ever wonder things that you cannot find the answer to? Well, if you babysit (or nanny, as I am instructed to call it) then you have certainly come across questions that are impossible to answer, like I have.

Like these:
1. Why is the sky blue?
2. Is Snuffleupogus (on Sesame Street, aka "Snuffy") a girl or a boy. (The voice sounds like a boy, but its eye lashes are REALLY long!) So is Snuffy a boy or a girl?
3. Which brings along another question: Is Tinky Winky a girl or a boy? (We know that Dipsy is male and that Po and LaLa are females, but what about Tinky Winky?)
4. Why do adults always answer questions with "because?"
5. Why does the red swing go higher than the yellow swing?
6. What do chocolate icing and glue taste like together?
7. Why don't dogs talk?
8. Why does mommy have to work? (my response was: Someone has to put food on the table.; her response was "But I always put people's plates on the table. That's my job. So why does mommy have to work?") And how come daddy never works?
9. How come a baby doll's eyes don't close even after you rock them to sleep?
10. Why do dogs kiss with their tongues? Can I kiss with my tongue too?

I have also learned that nannying and babysitting are two very different things. The people I nanny for have corrected me when I said babysitting. Apparently what I am doing each day from 8-5 is called nannying. Well, ok, so what?

I have also learned that reverse psychology is GREAT for two year olds!

Three hours of dance and nine hours of babysitting--- NANNYING--- do not go well together. You are very exhausted the next day, and even a shower and a heck of a lot of coffee cannot cure your exhaustion.

Also GADZOOKERY means : "the use of archaisms."
Archaisms: antiquity of style or use; obsoleteness

Bye for now
Lindsay Caroline :)

No comments: