Saturday, June 28, 2003

So, it is saturday and guess what! I am back from the beach. The idea was for me to get away from everything, and especially to get some sleep. But I was still not able to fall asleep until at least 4 in the morning. I give up. So we came back. I was taking a looooonnnngg walk with my mom and we saw a lot of guys out running. As the first one ran by, my mom said, after he was barely out of earshot, "Wasn't he cute????" I told her honestly, "I didn't even look at his face, I was paying attention to how fast he was running, and to his form." My mother laughed at me and told me I was the first teenage girl, and the only, she had and ever would know who looked first at a guy's running form and speed and THEN at his looks. Oh well, I am weird.
Okay so now another story.........
I was out shopping to buy my friend a present and I was up at the counter paying for it, when the lady said, "Are you in midda sku (middle school), darlin'?" And I said, "No ma'am, I am going into the tenth grade at Raleigh Charter High School."
"Lord have mercy," She said. "With that baby face, I neva woulda guessed."

I DO NOT HAVE A BABY FACE. I AM FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. someone, please tell me I don't have a baby face.

Oh well. Has anyone ever stood beside the ocean and thought about how small we all actually are?

Oh, I went running on the beach. It was soooo pretty, but I made a HUGE mistake. I ran without shoes on, on the sand. Anyways, I hope all of you have had a nice weekend, and I did; it is a very serene place and it offered much comfort to me.

God Bless,
L.C.

No comments: