Monday, June 09, 2003

It's June 9, 2003, and what started out as a lovely Monday morning. Long day, but that's the way it is when you work. I nannied from 8am-5pm, when I raced to get to dance on time. Clogging was first, and then ballet, and gymnastics. I am continuing to nanny mostly because I need the money. I want a laptop, but after just a small amount of deliberation (like 5 minutes), I had decided that the laptop didn't matter. This sixteen hundred dollars was going to be a gift to my mom for all her hard work. Crazy, a suckup; call me what you will. My mother deserves this money like no one else in the world, and there's a story behind this, that's too long to type. Anyway, I have learned that people stab your back with knives, especially when you are a teenager. EVERYONE does, or tries to and they miss. And yet adults tell us that these are the best years of our lives! Go figure. I learned a few things today (some serious, some not so), but all of them should be shared, whether for smiles or for gain in life.

1. Don't learn to tap before you learn to clog. Clogging comes first, always, or it should. Don't make my mistake.
2. Saucony's are the BESTEST running shoes ever! (esp the moderate motion stabilizer)
3. Glue, glitter, chocolate icing, scissors, and tape, and a five year old do NOT mix!
4. If a child throws a temper tantrum, you shouldn't throw one back! It doesn't solve anything.
5. No matter how much a situation wasn't your fault, you can lose a relationship with a sibling because a parent turns the story around to point the blame at you.
6. Court mediation for divorced parents doesn't do anything. It doesn't solve the problem, and it makes relations worse. And most of all, since the child is not allowed to be there, it doesn't represent the child's opinion.
7. If you gallop around in clogging shoes, you will turn your ankle!!!! No joke.
8. It's hard to be a good person, no matter how hard you try to, someone will always point out your flaws, and maybe hate you for them.
I hope that this list has been informative, and I will write more later. Right now, I have to do something that I really don't want to do, but hey that's life.

God bless,
AIMP,
and Love to All.

And always, always SMILE!

Lindsay Caroline :)

No comments: