Saturday, June 28, 2003

I went running. Running is good when you want to think about stuff. I make a lot of big decisions on runs. Anyway, I went running tonight. I went upstairs, put on my running clothes, my socks and my shoes, and stretched. I stepped outside and apparently that was the same second that the bottom of the sky fell out. Rain comes pelting down. It is a terrential downpour, literally, like one you see only in the movies. But, I can't go back inside for two reasons. One, I have sooooo much to ponder and think about, and I need to run to really process everything that has happened. Two, I am way too egocentric to EVER back down from a run; it could be snowing and I would definitely still go. So, being the crazy kid that I am, I begin my run. At first I thought that today would be a normal 5 mile run, but decided that I would much rather do a hill run workout. Hill runs consist of exactly what they sound like: run up a hill, down a hill, up another hill, down another hill. The idea is to build strength for cross country courses, I think. Anyways, So I am running along the sidewalk, on my way to a really good place for hill runs, when a car comes speeding up behind me. Of course I am sure they think I am crazy for running in this mess, but I never imagined that they would do what they did. They swerve so their wheels are next to the curb, and then they rev their engine and speed by. Water goes everywhere!---no not everywhere, just all over me. So now, I am soaking, not just wet, soaking and muddy, not to mention cold. So I continue running, when another car full of guys speeds by. "Ow Ow Ow," then a horn honk, "Oh yeah!" Excuse me, I don't see them running in the rain. Oh well. I am tired. I got zero sleep at the beach, and I am exhausted. I am going to end my blog now because I have nothing more to write.

Love to everyone.

God Bless,
LC

No comments: