Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Soooooo. . . the cheesecake is a big hit all around. Everyone loves it. It is very rich, but just ok. The calorie count is probably WAY high, but I guess that's ok. Well, I have officially decided that five-year olds are the worst. (or at least the one I nanny for.) She yells and screams, and kicks and hits, and throws temper tantrums and pushes and shoves, and whines and cries like no child I have ever known. Isn't the unwritten rule that children treat babysitters better than their own parents? (I would hate to see how she treats her parents. . .) I can't imagine ever being like that. . .and I am sure that i wasn't ever that way. I would have been in soooooo much trouble. (is the word discipline even in these people's vocabulary????) oh well. I am too young to handle this . . . (and I truly expected the two year old to be the problem, not the five year old.)

On another note: DANCE, one of my favorite topics; gymnastics went well (mostly handstand pushups, one handed cartwheels, tricks on the bar, back walkovers and flips in the air.). Jazz was okay, but rather boring. Still making up a dance to ABC by the Jackson 5. Ballet: Long and pretty fun. My favorite teacher taught, which was AWESOME!

So I went to the doctor today because I my ear has been hurting. She looks in both ears and says they both look fine. Talk about embarassing. . .!!!! But then she starts pressing different parts of my face to see if they are tender. She presses right next to my ear, on the jaw joint thingy. And I like totally wince. And she asks which side hurts. and I say the left side (which is the ear that I thought was infected.) so then she says do you grind your teeth. ummmmm Yes ma'am., came the rather embarassed response. She said. "Uh huh, that's what I thought." and she says "You don't have an earache, you have TMJ" TMJ is a jaw disorder where the muscle/joint is inflamed. It hurts and since it is so close to your ear, then you think you have an earache. This actually surprised me. In fourth grade, I was diagnosed with TMJ by my pediatrition, but then when I went to see my dentist (and later in life, my orthodontist), they told me that the doctor who had diagnosed this was wacko, and that I DID NOT have TMJ. Oh well.

My day today:
Get up
Shower
Get dressed
Feed dogs/cats/kittens
Doctor's office
Nannying (temper tantrum police; walk around the block; DO CORSSWORD, CRYPTOQUOTE, AND JUMBLES [something for me] during naptime; pick up toys all over house; clean up blue popsicle; wash dishes; take out trash; feed their dog; change diapers; kiss booboos; chase kids all over house; clean up pebbles in the house after five-year old decides it's funny to bring them in; try hard not to scream at the five year old after being hit, kicked, yelled at, spit at, etc)
Dance (gymnastics, jazz then ballet.)
Dinner (take-out chinese, very unhealthy, I'm sure)
Blog (hmmmm that's a toughy)
Shower
Bed

PS, anyone know how to get my clock on this blog thing set correctly??? It is about two and a half hours ahead of time!

Card company is growing. Any ideas, contributions or volunteers are very welcome. You know how to reach me.

What we need:
People!!!!! (artists, writers, relations people, and computer people)
Ideas for cards
Figure out where to sell the cards
(money is to be donated. . . to a good cause(s))

Bye Everyone:
Smile, even though life sucks sometimes. Trust me I know. (you don't even want to know how terrible my last week has been)

Lindsay

No comments: