Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Well, I had driver's ed. My teacher said I did very well. I want to run before dance, but because of code red, I'm not sure it would be a good idea. My fever has gone down to just over normal; IBU profin is the most wonderful invention, and I owe being allowed to go to dance to it because it lowered my fever. I am leaving for the beach again tomorrow. I wrote a story about what made me so sad yesterday. It helped me a lot to get it all down on paper.

"If you see the moon rising gently on the field.
If the wind blows softly on your face
If the sunset lingers while catherdral bells peal,
and the moon has risen to her place. . .

You can thank the Father for the things that He has done
and thank Him for the things He's yet to do.
And if you find a love that's tender,
If you find someone who's true
Thank the Lord, He's been doubly good to you.

If you look in the mirror at the end of a hard day
and you know in your heart you have not lied;
If you gave love freely, if you earned and honest wage
And if you've got Jesus by your side. . .

You can thank the Father for the things that He has done
and thank Him for the things He's yet to do.
And if you find a love that's tender,
If you find someone who's true
Thank the Lord, He's been doubly good to you." (Amy Grant, "Doubly Good to You")


"Sing like no one's listening. Dance like no one's watching. Work like you don't need the money. Live like there won't be a tomorrow, and love like you've never been hurt." -Unknown

Now for my advice:
"Don't ever think that you'll get another chance to tell someone how much they mean to you. Tell them when you see them, while you are with them, when you say goodbye, and before you go to bed. There may not ever be another chance for you to tell them, so tell them now."

I hope you all have a splendid day and a great rest of the week. I will probably not talk to most of you until after I get back on Sunday. If you need anything this weekend (anything at all) I should have the cell with me, and its free of roaming restrictions, so please don't hesitate to call.

Now, to heed my own advice:

To Super Sam: I love you girl. Keep running, Keep smiling and laughing and being yourself. You are such an inspiration to me! Love you tons and tons!

To Mark: Thanks for your ongoing encouragment and constant jokes that keep me laughing.

To the one who calls me Goober: keep laughing and goofing off. You make everyone around you smile and that is a unique gift! Thanks for always listening and caring no matter what!

I don't think anyone else reads this, but to the rest of you: Whether I know you personally or not, have a great summer. You are an individual part of this world, and without you, the world wouldn't be the same. (yes maybe that sounds sappy, but it is true.) Live your life the best way you know how, and love others (and love YOURSELF too, because you are so worth it.)

I will be back from the beach on Sunday, so until I talk to you again. SMILE! (because that just seems to make everything okay --- even if frozen blue berries can't, one of you knows what i am talking about.)

God Bless,
L.C.

No comments: