Sunday, July 06, 2003

Alright, so someone told me that they wanted to know what makes me happy, and I think it will make me feel better to list them here. Here goes:

-Country music
-nail polish
-custom-made cds, that my friends give me
-running
-soccer
-dance (clogging, gymnastics, ballet, jazz, tap, modern and hiphop)
-hearing my sister practice guitar
-people in my life
-sweet tea, and black coffee (both not good for me)
-crushed ice
-"Friends"
-the Life,etc section of the N&O (comics, cryptoquote, jumbles, crossword)
-puddles to jump in
-rainbows
-the thing that makes me the happiest is that overwhelming feeling when you are so happy, you don't think you could ever be happier.
-SLEEP (as it has been over 2 1/2 weeks sense I have had more than 5 hours of sleep in a night.)

"There is so much in the world to care about." -Laura Dern

"The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core strength within you that survives all hurt." -Max Lerner

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." -Eddie Cantor

"Laughing is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one spot." -Josh Billings

Wow! I feel better. I am not just saying that either. I know now what to do when I feel like I am spiraling downward. Just go running, play soccer, dance, do something, paint my nails, whatever.

"The happiest times in life are the times when we are around people who make us laugh, and when they tell us that they love us. The final happiest time in life is when we realize that we ourselves have made ourselves happy, and that, though other people, help, it is ultimately ourselves who make us feel the happiest." -Anonymous

That is all for now.
Have a great rest of the weekend.

Love to all.
Lindsay

No comments: