Saturday, July 12, 2003

I got a hair cut today. It is really layered now and I am not sure that I like it all that much. It looks rather different from my old style. It's not that it looks bad, but just different. You see, I have incredibly thick hair, and by layering it all over my head, it thins it out so it doesn't feel quite as heavy. The shortest layer is in the front next to my face and it goes down to my cheeks. The next longest layer doesn't even reach my chin. And so forth and so on until you get to the longest layer which is about an inch and a half below my ears. It is hard to explain without seeing it. Never mind. Okay, now I would like to tell you a hilarious story about when I went to subway with some of the other dancers from my studio today. We are in there, drinking out drinks, resting from hours of painting, when a girl walks in. She is dressed really dramatastically (my new word). What she has on is very hard to describe. It is basically like overralls but instead of it being shorts at the bottom, it is a skirt. And the skirt is short. I mean short. Like, WAY SHORT. I can't even describe how short. If you have ever seen cheerleader shorts, and know how short they are, then take about two inches off of those. That's how short. Under the "skirt-alls" as we began calling them, seh was wearing a crop top, that was WAY TOO low cut. Okay, well her attire would have been enough to keep us laughing for hours afterwards, but no, the situation can't be that uneventful. In a voice that is nearly the volume of shouting, she says to the young guy working the cash register, "This is a like totally random question, but like can I like use your phone?"
The guy just kind of stands there looking at her, almost in a drooling manner. His brain finally clicks on and he responds with, "Uh, uh, I--I I g-guess so. J-Just make it short, okay? Who do you need to call anyway?"
The girl gives him this mischievous grin, and says sweetly, "My boyfriend. We just like had a fight and I like need to call him to like pick me up."
The guy goes, "What happened between you two?"
She says, "It's like a totally long story."
"Well okay, you can use our phone, but please don't take too long." She starts dialing the number, and begins talking to her boyfriend. "Like, would you please come like pick me up? I mean I'm like in subway, on litchford, and I like want to go home." (Pause) "Like yeah, I am sorry too." (remember this is in subway, a public place, which would have been okay if she didn't have the loudest voice on the east coast.) A little later she hangs up, and turns to the guy at the cash register. "Like so, okay, what happened between him and me was that. . ." So she proceeds to babble out the story for about fifteen minutes, with "like" as every other word. Then suddenly, she starts shouting, "Oh my freakin' god!" "Oh my freakin god." Well she continues to oh her freakin god for five minutes. (no joke), while most of the patrons in subway sit, holding their breath, covering their mouths, trying desperately to surpress their laughter. "Oh my freakin' god!" She says again. Alright, we are thinking, get to the point. "I like totally know you," she says to the guy at the cash register. "Don't you like go to Millbrook high school?"
"Uh, yeah." he says, hating the spotlight he has suddenly been thrust into.
"Like, me too! I knew I like knew you from somewhere. Oh my freakin god," she says AGAIN! "This is like totally cool that I like know someone who works at subway. I am like totally diggin this. Like aren't you?"
The guy just sits there looking at her, when her boyfriend walks through the door. As the two walk out together, the guy at the cash register looks totally relieved. There is no way they pay him enough to put up with this.

The moral of our story is "Next time you are painting your dance studio, and you want a drink, your life will be much more quiet and peaceful if you just go to burger king."

Haha. Hope you enjoyed the story. It is so much better in person. :)

No comments: