Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Here is my dance schedule!!!! Yay! I love dance! I love dance!


Monday:
5:30-6:50 Teaching Ballet/Tap/Jazz (an 80 minute combination class!)
7:00-7:50 Teaching Hip Hop I (not a competing class)
8:00-8:50 Taking Production Reheasal (a broadway-style, competing class with an emphasis on work by Bob Fosse)


Tuesday:
5:00-5:50 Teaching Jazz I (a competing class that teaches the basics of jazz)
6:00-6:50 Taking Jazz II (a competing, advanced class that builds on jazz technique)
7:00-7:50 Taking Hip Hop II (a competing class that builds on previous experience)


Wednesday:
5:00-5:50 Teaching Ballet/Tap (a 50min combination class for young children)
6:00-6:50 Taking Clogging II (a competing class building on knowledge of clogging)
7:00-7:50 Modern/Lyrical Advanced (a competing class mixing modern and lyrical styles)
8:00-8:50 Production Rehearsal (same as above, practice is held twice a week!)

Thursday:
5:30-6:20 Taking Gymnastics Tech (a gymnastics class focusing on technique only)
6:30-7:20 Taking Gymnastics Comp (a competing gymnastics class)

For anyone who doesn't understand what competing means, I will explain it. A bunch of dance studios and dance students come to a StarQuest or StarSearch (or some other fancy named company) and are catergorized by age and genre of dance. Then judges score your dance based on choreography, style, synchronization, technique, etc., and you are awarded prizes. This means that I will be doing 6 class related dances at the competitions (we go to about 5, plus nationals, held in NY!), and then there are also my solo to compete and a duet to compete, possibly two duets, and another dance, a tap quartet. Then, I also have to be back stage for the jazz class I teach to cheer the kids on because I am there teacher. I can't wait!!!!! This is awesome!

"Think about the happy things." -Kelly Atkinson
Now, that is my challenge for all of you this week. Focus not on the sucky parts of life and of the past, but on the wonderful things. As I know I said before: "You can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses!"
You can complain because bad stuff happens in life, or you can rejoice because there's tons of good stuff too!!!!!

God bless. :)

No comments: