Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Alright, today I did lots of fun things. Hehehe. I got tons (and I mean TONS) of exercise. First, I took the kids I nanny for around the block. I would have gone further but they cannot endure the immense heat. Then after I finished nannying, Emily and I went to her pool. We swam about thirty laps or so. Then, she took me home and I rushed to get ready for dance/gymnastics. My mom was too busy to take me, so her friend offered to pick me up and take me to dance at 4:45. So, 4:45 rolls around, and she hasn't shown up. 4:50, no sign of her. 4:55 still no sign. (by the way, she never called either). Then at 5pm, there is still no word so I begin the 2 1/2 mile treck to the dance studio. It is freaking hot, and late afternoon. I am in a leotard (my least favorite one---the black, mock-turtle neck with crushed velvet.), and shorts. My hair is in a bun, and I am wearing flipflops because that is what I wear to dance. I know, walking more than two miles in flipflops is not a good idea, but. . .it gets worse! The shortest way to the dance studio (the 2 1/2 mile way) is the same way this friend of my mom's comes towards our house, so I figured she would eventually cruise by and stop and drive me the rest of the way. So I am about 1 mile into my walk (and already 5 minutes late for class) I realize that walking is not going to cut it in order to be to class relatively promptly. So I come up with the BRILLIANT (lol) idea of running the rest of the way in flip flops. Hehehe. What fun!?!?! I am also carrying a backpack with three different pairs of dance shoes, a hair brush, a change of clothes, etc. in it, and it is bouncing along on my back. I bet I looked pretty goofy running in a leotard with flipflops and a back pack on. Anyways, I guess there are two points to this story. One, when I got to the shopping center where my studio is, my mom's friend's car was parked outside the grocery store. . .DUDE! (I am not going to comment on the anger I surpressed). Anyways, the second point is that I think that men need to give ladies a little more respect. I got 9 cat calls, and 3 whistles in that 2 1/2 miles. Geeze! Anyway, that is my story. So I had a nice 1 mile walk and a hurried 1 1/2 mile run, followed by an hour of gymnastics, an hour of jazz, and an hour of ballet. I am thoroughly exhausted. My legs feel like . . . well, I don't know what they feel like, as they have never been quite this sore. I also have a slight sun burn on my eye lids, causing immense pain. Anyways. That is my long story of the day. I am tired, which I think is a good thing as I might FINALLY be able to sleep. I cannot make any of the text in these posts bold, italicized or underlined, which is rather annoying. . . lalalalala. I suppose I SHOULD run, but I am kind of afraid seeing as it is dark from the storm, and that freaks me out, regardless of whether or not my dog comes, I am extremely afraid of running alone when it is after sunset. Oh well. I will run farther tomorrow. :)

Alright, I will leave you with a quote.

"I think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatsoever." -Isak Dinesen

No comments: